Saturday, January 28, 2017

January 28

We are approaching Sarah’s 10th birthday (coming Tuesday). Each birthday is always a mixed bag of emotions on my side. I am amazed that she is going to be 10. That is clearly impossible because she was just born yesterday. I am so blessed to have her and the people who have come into my life because of her uniqueness. As long as I only think about how far she has come then I am blown away with awe and gratitude. When I slip into noticing where other 10 year olds are in their lives, especially those children with whom Sarah played when she was a baby, then I stumble emotionally and feel like I am back on an empty road with dust swirling and waving goodbye to all who are so much farther ahead. 

Amy is getting better at doing her coat zipper. She never wanted to practice doing it, so it seemed to help when I personified the zipper and spoke to it about how it needed to cooperate and behave. She has now done it at least twice by herself (she had in the past but then stopped practicing and sort of lost the skill).

Sarah got her second report card of the year and made progress in several areas! One of them was social! I had to send the card back and did so before taking notes on the other specifics. 

Yesterday with G, Sarah had fun drawing sad faces. She drew 42 of them, which we all know is the answer to life, the universe, and everything.


I have the Sad Brow photo book ready to give to Sarah. I’m so excited. I hope she loves it as much as I do. Actually, I hope she loves it even more than I do. No one loves a sad face more than Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment