Saturday, February 4, 2017

February 4

Sickness abounds. Last weekend I was very sick and missed Sarah's party for grown ups. Luckily Sonia came over to help with everything from dishes to laundry to kids to preparing for Monday so between her and Carl everything was taken care of, including me. 

Tuesday both girls were home with pink eye and I had a bad cold plus an upset digestive system. Then I found out a teacher whom I loved from high school died. Then we found out that the Pittsburgh water supply was possibly compromised and we had to boil it before using it. Those were too many things and I started crying. Sarah came up and listened to me earnestly, as she so often does, and then when I came back from the bathroom she asked "mom are you feeling better now?" What grown up moments!

Now both girls have colds on top of the pink eye, Carl has a cold, and I am still not 100%. Sarah has her birthday party for kids tomorrow and I am hoping we are all well enough to enjoy it. This has felt like an especially hard week.

Carl took Sarah to a party for a classmate today at a roller-skating rink. Sarah did a wonderful job and Carl reports that he still has his skills from 25 years ago. Amy and I stayed home and snuggled. 


I hope you are all well!

No comments:

Post a Comment