Sunday, January 22, 2017

January 22

Yesterday in the wee hours Sonia and I boarded a bus for DC and joined the multitudes. It was an amazing experience. It was also a very long day with lots of sitting, lots of standing, some times of being squished a bit, being cold, being hungry, and being tired. I have been much more emotional than I expected in response to seeing the pictures from all around the US and around the world. When I see the clips with the roar of the crowd I am teary. Each person who marched was a like raindrop and together we made it pour. Thank you to all who marched and thank you for all who supported the marchers. Thank you to Carl who made it possible for me to march by staying home with the girls. He took them to gymnastics, took them bowling, and ended the day with pizza and a movie. (We have found a pizza place that makes pizza Sarah can eat!) He and the the girls also watched the DC March on tv, pretending to see us in the crowds. He made the house a clean place to welcome me upon my return. This is not a small feat nor a small gesture! Today I am way more exhausted and sore and tired than I expected. I’m just wiped out. Carl took charge while I napped for a couple hours this morning. I feel teary thinking about that too. Feeling supported in whatever one’s venture is such an amazing feeling. 

In a time that feels long long ago I started teaching the girls to tie shoes! They each did it once with my coaching on Monday and then Sarah did it again with my coaching on Tuesday! I’m slightly uncertain about the method. It seems easier to teach but I’m not sure it is really the best way to tie a shoe well. It is easy with my shoes but harder with Sarah’s.

Tuesday Sarah didn’t have school and requested that I get a sitter (instead of me taking her to daycare) for when I had an appointment. The day felt very easy and harmonious. She helped take Amy to school mostly easily. The only meltdown was when I said she had to get dressed before having a turn with her iphone. On school days she always has to be dressed first but on weekends she doesn’t. I can see how the day was sort of in the middle since Amy had school and Sarah didn’t. Once her storm passed then she got ready easily and helped take Amy to school easily. We spent many short bits of time hanging out and playing together and doing some vision therapy homework. We had a wonderful game of catch with a dishcloth (clean and dry) for much longer than I expected her to last. When it was time to get Amy in the afternoon she got ready easily and left the house easily!!! That was amazing. I don’t know if it was because of having such a relaxed day or because I had more focused time with her or because it was warmer or just that I got lucky. When Sc arrived Sarah said, “Hi, Sc!” Then she and Sc and Amy had a wonderful SR session that included going to a ball and Amy holding up her hands for a high 5 which then turned into Sarah giving her a high 10 repeatedly while Amy counted by 10s to 100. When I came in and announced that dinner was ready Sarah said sweetly, “Ok. I will come down with an open mind.”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been speaking to the girls about having an open mind about dinner, but still. Still. This was wonderful. When Sarah is sweet she is sooooooooo sweet.

Sarah actually went easily to help get Amy from school every day! I had forgotten that that is how it always used to be. 

Lots of love and support to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment