Saturday, February 18, 2017

February 18

I am almost fully well!!!!! I had forgotten what that felt like. I am amazed at how long it takes to become fully well after being very sick. Each day I have more energy and I cough less. And yet I still need naps to get through the day and I am still ready to go to bed at 8pm. The girls are also well. Carl is still sick, but getting better. It has been so long since our whole family was healthy at the same time.

Months ago I purchased tickets for all of us to see a Pete the Cat performance. Apparently it already happened. I am shocked that I didn’t put it in my calendar. That is very unlike me. I am just going to tell myself that one or all of us was probably sick whenever it happened and we wouldn’t have been able to go anyway. 

In past years at this time I was often stressing about what school decision to make for Sarah’s next year. It is such a relief that this year I do not need to figure out any changes for either girl. I am thrilled with the school situations for both. I do get to figure out camps for the summer and how to hopefully teach the girls to swim (myself or through lessons). I am attempting to trust that this will all fall into place easily.

Yesterday Sarah’s teacher called me from school and then let Sarah talk to me. I love love love that Sarah wanted to talk to me. I love love love that her teacher supported her in such a way. 

When all of us were sick we missed SR time, vision therapy, and OT. This week we are back in the groove with all of them and Sarah is getting Anat Baniel Method lessons this weekend. When I was sick so many things felt impossible. It is a relief that now things such as dishes or getting the kids to and from school or appointments seem almost trivial instead of mountainously difficult.

There was a moment a few weeks ago that I forgot to write about. The girls were asleep. Carl and I were reading in our bedroom with the door closed and the light on. Luckily we also had turned on our bedside lamps. Sarah sleepily opened the door, looked at us, turned out the overhead light, and went back to her room. It felt really hilarious in the moment, especially since she didn’t say a word.

Much love to all of you. I hope you are all well.

No comments:

Post a Comment