Sunday, March 8, 2020

March 8

Lately Sarah loves to sit on the floor of her room and read books. Sometimes she doesn’t want to get dressed for school because she wants to keep reading! Other times she has other reasons for not wanting to get dressed for school. And then sometimes we get easy mornings and she gets dressed without protest. Sometimes as soon as she comes home from school she goes to her room and reads for half an hour! I love this. Her current favorite books are It’s Okay To Be DifferentKnuffle BunnyWhen Mommy Was Mad, and We Are In A Book

Sarah also loves signs that have something in a circle with a line through it. Carl found a t-shirt for her that has a “no parking” P in a circle with a line through it. Sarah loves it. 

Amy loves her American Girl Doll and likes to wear a matching nightgown. Amy also reads daily and is loving the Ramona books by Beverly Cleary. 

In other news, my right hip has been not great for some time. I finally got an MRI. Apparently there is a tear in the labrum, some bone on bone arthritis, some degeneration and deformation, and some cysts. See, I knew there was something going on! I heard the results from my PT, but I am waiting to hear from my doctor about how to proceed. I have left two messages. I will call again on Monday. I don’t know what the next steps are, but I’m actually feeling better (after an initial crying session) to know that there is something that explains my experience. I hope some of it is fixable. In some ways it is a relief to have explanations and I’m being gentler with what I ask of my hip. In the past I kept thinking I could stretch enough, strengthen enough, do enough massage techniques, and enough Alexander Technique to fix it. Sometimes that meant I made it hurt more. Any love and prayers and good energy are most welcome. Please cheer with me, “hip hip hooray.” And please picture me easily and happily walking far, doing Zumba, using the rowing machine, biking on my stationary zwift bike, and happily doing all things I already do in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment