Sunday, January 10, 2016

January 10

We are taking a break from eggs. Sigh. I sincerely hope that the dramatically increased frequency of Sarah’s middle of the night parties was just due to Christmas excitement, travel excitement, and getting back in a normal routine kerfluffle. In case it was food related, I thought one plausible culprit was eggs so we are removing them for at least a little while to see if it makes a difference. Since removing them from her diet we have had two good solid nights of sleep from Sarah. This could also just be finally settling into normal home life. It isn’t enough yet to prove anything in any direction. 

Sarah has had a couple more small servings of ghee and two spoonfuls of lactose-free, homemade cow-milk yogurt. So far so good. 

On Monday Sarah had her first Occupational Therapy (OT) session at the Children’s Institute. I love the therapist assigned to us. The first session was all about building a connection through play that also helped the therapist ascertain Sarah’s strengths and skills. Sarah did wonderfully. She had an 8 or 10 loop conversation with the therapist. A loop is when person one says something and person two responds. (I think this is a loop anyway). Sarah followed the requests of the therapist easily with very little extra prompting. She has also been asking to go back every day since then. 

Amy has been sick for part of this week so there has been lots of cuddling time and the nights haven’t been as smooth as usual on her side of things. So I am a tired mama and it seems impossible that it has only been one week of “normal,” because it wasn’t really normal and Monday feels forever ago. I thought there were more things of note, but I can’t think of them. I feel like I am in slow motion moving through sludge. I want to nap and ignore all the mess and I also want to go into super-duper cleaning mode. I will probably land somewhere in the middle. The most important thing is to keep myself hydrated, rested, and well. I even put that on my to-do list for the day to make sure I don’t ignore my basic requirements. The mess will certainly keep and in a year I won’t remember it anyway.

I hope all of your snuggle-tanks are full.

No comments:

Post a Comment