Sunday, August 30, 2015

August 30

Sarah started kindergarten! She loves it. She doesn’t want to leave when I pick her up in the afternoon. I love her situation so much that my heart is overflowing. To recap, the preschool assistant from last year is now the kindergarten teacher and there are 3 students total. It is half day. The other two students are lovely girls who were in Sarah’s class last year. I love seeing the other families when we do drop-off and pick-up. Everyone is so friendly and wonderful. The whole school is loving and welcoming. I really couldn’t have designed a more perfect situation. 

There are arrows along the hallway that have the words “kindergarten” or “Sarah” or the names of the other students. When Sarah walks down the hall she likes to touch the arrows and read them. Awesome!

Sarah lost yet another tooth! We have no idea where it is.

I found a cashew cream cheese that I can buy that is very similar to what I make. I put some on the green crackers Sarah likes and she said, “Sarah-friendly cream cheese on a cracker bagel.” 

Yesterday we went to an outdoor festival that had a bouncy house and a bouncy obstacle course. The girls have been loving watching American Ninja Warrior and pretending to do courses around the house (scaling window ledges). Amy was too young to do the bouncy obstacle course but Sarah did it and did an amazing job. The way it is set up there is no way for a grown-up to help except verbally so she did the whole thing fully by herself.

On the way home from the festival, Carl had something in his throat so he cleared his throat and spat. Sarah then started imitating him. It was hilarious. It could also be useful because there have been times when we can tell she just has too much mucous in her throat and if she could only clear her throat and spit then maybe she wouldn’t need to throw up.

I am taking next weekend off in terms of writing an update so my next update will be in two weeks. I hope you all have a wonderful couple of weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment