Sunday, August 16, 2015

August 16

Sarah and I had a great session early in the week. At one point she talked about eating ice cream. I pretended she was a giant ice cream cone and pretended to lick her. She said, “Ah! too much lick!” in a pretend complaining voice. It was adorable. We also had a fun time with her pretending to go in and out doors to a bank while I sang a song about it to the tune of Patsy Cline’s “Walkin’ After Midnight.” Sometimes she doesn’t want me to sing anything at all so it was great to be able to sing for many minutes.

Ballet is over. For the last class Sarah and I again spent the time outside, which is when she discovered the real bank doors that open automatically when you get close. She didn’t go through them but she did get close to them often. We also watched many buses.

I have played Hangman with the girls twice! It seems to work best if I write the whole alphabet on the white board and then cross out letters as they guess them. I also have my drawing be elaborate so they always get the phrase before I finish the drawing.

Yesterday Sarah went across the monkey bars with Carl’s help. This was the first I have seen her do it, though Carl says they have done it together before. Still, this was awesome.

Inspired by American Ninja Warrior, Sarah tried climbing up the side pole part of our indoor climbing ladder. What a strong little monkey she is.

Sarah is increasing the frequency with which she wants to do her potty stops completely independently with the door shut. 

I have been offering new foods at dinner a bit more than sometimes and both girls have been adventurous try-ers. They tried pea shoots, nectarines, avocado slices, and lettuce with salad dressing.

Sarah likes to play the piano or guitar sometimes and her experimenting is really beautiful to hear. 

Overall it has been a great week. I have been exercising daily. Usually I had just been doing Zumba twice a week. Now I am also doing a bit of a workout at home. It doesn’t take long and it is definitely helping me feel better and more energized. I have been continuing to talk to my mom daily. I have stopped having caffein. I’m not sure if this last thing makes a difference but it hasn’t seemed to affect to my energy (or sometimes lack thereof). I am also holding my grumpiness a bit more gently in terms of how long I berate myself after a case of the grumps. 

Little Miss Capable just walked into the kitchen, picked up her water bottle from the drying rack, held it up to the water spout on the fridge and started to fill it. I then helped a bit because it is an awkward bottle to fill.

I hope you are all having lovely weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment