Sunday, July 16, 2023

July 16: Walking, Beaches, and Flexible Plans

Sarah and Amy had an artful week of Camp Anna, this time including Amy’s BFF. They went to the pool and library and sewed bags and made hair bows, stickers, drawings of negative space, contour drawings, and played a musical version of Simon where Anna or a kid played notes on a xylophone while saying color names and another kid hopped on corresponding colored stepping stones. 

Sarah really enjoyed helping Carl clean the kitchen while I was away, but sometimes got out of order in terms of when dishes got put away. One day during camp she offered to clean the kitchen and put all the dirty dishes in the cabinets! 

I had a wonderful time finishing my class in Bournemouth. It was life-changing in improving the comfort of my walking. I had a fabulous time in London with one of my best friends and we walked over 17000 steps in one day! And I was comfortable! Our Airbnb looked normal on the inside but the building felt like a bomb shelter. Evidently the building was in the Brutalism style, which I had never heard of before. We were near Russell Square, probably close to where I stayed with my parents 30 years ago when we went to London! 

When I got home Wednesday night I was surrounded by hugs and snuggles and hand-holding. Thursday morning I woke up and wondered if I was getting a cold… and then tested positive for covid. Then I worried in retrospect about all of the friends I had just been with. And we had to change plans for our big trip to see family in the Philly area. We did still drive to New Jersey for a day at the shore. It was supposed to be two days but today is supposed to be very rainy. I masked and we kept good airflow in the car and Airbnb. We ate outside and only saw some family outside on the beach with tons of wind. 

Today I tested negative and Sarah and Amy and Carl have tested negative all along. So now we will be seeing my mom and stepdad after all. We are very excited to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment