Sunday, January 17, 2021

January 17: Favorite clothing and my continued headache journey

The nerve block on Monday helped lessen the severity and frequency of my headaches, but after a horrendous headache yesterday morning I am not feeling hopeful that the nerve block was effective as a cluster buster. One wonderful discovery was that if my headaches are below a certain threshold then doing some yoga (child’s pose, downward facing dog, cobra) clears the headache in about 15 minutes. What I learned yesterday in the wee hours is that yoga doesn’t work if the headache is over a certain pain threshold. 

Thank you to all who have reached out in support and with suggestions. I have contacted everyone suggested. I have connected with some and am waiting to hear back from others. I have also resumed reading The Presence Process by Michael Brown. He healed from cluster headaches and I had started reading his book the last time I had a cluster break through my normal level of medications. There is a lot of introduction and explanation about his process before you actually get to his process, so I had stopped reading before getting to the meat of things. I’m guessing the past cluster stopped by then too so I was less motivated/desperate. I am now going to do his program and follow his suggestions. I am tentatively hopeful. Over the years I have routinely been hopeful only to realize that what I thought was a cure wasn’t. But what do I have if I don’t have hope? Thankfully, last night was a good night.

Sarah and I had a good school week. I realized that we usually accomplish the main subject areas in about 30 minutes total. That is 30 minutes for math, reading, science, history, and writing. The science and history take approximately 1 or 2 minutes each. I write a sentence or two on a white board and she reads what I wrote. For science we have been sticking with praying mantises for the past many weeks. I’ve learned a lot. Did you know that a praying mantis has 1 ear? And that they are the only insect whose head can swivel on their neck the way our heads swivel on our necks? For history this week we covered a bit of George Fox and Quakerism. I suppose that could also count as religion. The rest of her day has a few live meetings and snuggle/nap/hickory-dickory-dock/sincere-my-dear sessions. She does some biking on zwift and some piano practice. And we often do art involving musical notes.

Amy has been at magic boarding school this past week so didn’t do her usual flying to and from school. She wears her new black dress and witch hat made my Grandma. Daily. Just as Sarah wears her musical note shorts and short-sleeve shirt made by Grandma. Daily. This is amazing and awesome that they love the clothes so much. I just wish I could get Sarah to part with the clothes for longer the length of her daily shower so I could wash them! I will say it cuts down on laundry to have them wear the same thing every day. Sarah even wears her outfit to sleep. And outside, regardless of the weather. 

May you have clothes that you love so much you want to wear them all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment