Sunday, March 17, 2019

March 17

Sarah has yet another new swim teacher and the first session went well. For Sarah’s last two lessons she has really been wanting to do things independently so I see a glimmer on the horizon of her being ready to move to the next level. She just has to jump in by herself without needing the instructor an inch away.

It turns out that Amy was erroneously moved to the intermediate gymnastics level, which is a relief because she was pretty unhappy after her first class. While many new things can often feel too hard, in this case it really was too hard.

Amy’s 8th birthday party was yesterday and she, Sarah, and some friends had a great time at an art studio making mermaid tails that they could wear, sort of like aprons. As per request, I made a chocolate cake with pink frosting.  I decorated with a cat face made from Sarah-friendly chocolate candy and chocolate chips.

The girls have both been sick this week, alternating days home from school and both being home on Friday. They both have persistent coughs, for which Amy is now on antibiotics but apparently Sarah doesn’t need any (yet). Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. I feel like we often have some chunk of the year when I forget that it is possible for all of us to be well at the same time. The week has been full of snuggles and laundry and reading and watching tv. I also discovered the miracle of having groceries delivered. On Wednesday, Amy needed to be in bed all day but I knew we were going to have a Sarah yogurt emergency and things with her had been difficult enough that I didn’t want to add to the challenge. A few minutes with my phone and a couple hours of waiting and I had yogurt delivered to my door, along with other groceries. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment