Saturday, September 2, 2017

September 2

Sarah started second grade on Monday! The most exciting part of this was that her bus (van) is new and has a new driver who is timely and friendly! Both girls are loving school. Amy has some neighborhood friends that attend her school and they run there together in the morning and run back home together in the afternoon, with the parents trailing behind.

Sarah had some homework that I was to help her with and I already managed to do it wrong and be stressed about it! Just a tiny bit. I corrected what I thought was a grammatical error on the part of the teacher and then realized it was probably intended and that I had misread the meaning of the sentence. I put a post-it note of apology on top of my correction. 

Swim lessons won’t resume until mid-September because the indoor pool is being repaired and it is tooooooo coooooold for the outdoor pool. The girls are disappointed but it is much easier to handle when we know ahead of time.

Amy loves chocolate chip pancakes (no syrup) and this week she poured the batter herself! 

Amy has two extremely loose teeth. She has yet to lose any teeth so she is very excited about this.

Sarah had vision therapy this week and did an amazing job playing catch for about 5 minutes with a large, soft ball. She can catch it out in front of her instead of having it fall into her body. She has probably had this ability for a while, but it was wonderful to witness it.

I feel like Sarah’s verbal ability has increased just in the last couple of weeks. Her dexterity with sentence variety and formation seems more fluid. It is as if she is just a little faster and a little sharper. 

I think last week I forgot to share about Sarah saying the snails on her pants were sad and crying tears out of their little eyes. For some reason her adding the word “little” made it super funny.

The girls have been having a good time making art with glue and glitter. Usually I put these supplies away immediately and I avoid bringing them out as much as possible. This week I decided to just let it be. There is glitter all over the dining room floor. There is glitter migrating through the house. There is glitter in Amy’s hair because she put it there. 

On Monday I forgot it was Monday and was convinced it was Tuesday when I invited some of Amy’s friends to come over after school. Luckily I remembered in time that not only was it Monday and that we had Sc coming to play in the SR room, but I was also seeing clients! I don’t normally do so on Monday evenings which is part of why I forgot. Anyway, there was an incredible amount of glue and glitter on floors and tables, but I got it all in order before heading to work, only feeling slightly foolish for misremembering the day. Tuesday afternoons are our most open and flexible so from now on I will schedule Tuesday things on Tuesdays!

Today is Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment