Sunday, June 21, 2015

June 21

Sarah and Amy and I played many rounds of Hello Kitty Bingo while singing the song I made up to the tune of "Raw Hide."  It goes like this:

Rollin' rollin' rollin' 
Keep those dice rollin' 
Hello Kitty!

Daniel, Fifi, Squirrel
Gum ball and watering can
Hello Kitty

----

This started as just a moment of my singing to get Sarah to roll during an SR session that was just the two of us. I could hear that Amy was outside the door. The next time I was in the SR room Amy was with us too and wanted me to sing. Eventually both girls wanted to sing too but without me so I said that each person could sing when it was their turn to roll. Sarah tried including the second verse. Amy really got the dramatic flair as she said the first "Hello Kitty." Sarah requested that we play the game with Amy. This is huge for her to not only request a game that is then played all the way through normally but also to want Amy as part of it and to attend to a game with two other people. 

We went to the pool with Mom-Mom and had a similar experience as our last pool trip. Amy swam very assisted laps and Sarah stayed on the steps. Sarah did a lot of floating her legs in front of and behind herself while holding on to the stair railing. 

We had a short visit with Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop at our house, after which I left with my parents to go to a family reunion. Carl stayed with the girls, celebrating Father's Day with super duper all dad time. The family reunion was in celebration of the life of my great aunt who passed away a few months ago. It is wonderful to reconnect with family members I haven't seen for years. This whole life and death and time business never ceases to amaze me. 

Happy Father's Day to all of you who are fathers or who support someone in that way. I am so blessed to have my wonderful and supporting father, step-father, father-in-law, and father for my girls as part of my life. I cannot imagine a better parenting partner for me than Carl. No matter how long his work day, he always has loving energy for the girls. I am also blessed to have the love and support of so many people overall. Thank you to all of you who are part of our village. 


No comments:

Post a Comment