Sunday, June 14, 2015

June 14

I didn’t have quite the easily blissful, totally 100% comfortable with upset time that I had the previous two weeks, but overall the week went well. We went to the pool at my office and I supported Amy as she kicked and moved her arms so she swam little laps with my help. Sarah bravely went down a step farther than she did when she first entered the pool. I appreciate Sonia’s celebration of Sarah’s achievement because it helped me notice it and celebrate it too. The daring and bravery of both girls is wonderful!

We helped paint a mural at the Three Rivers Arts Festival (for about 5 minutes, hand-over-hand). We walked a lot in the hot sun. The girls got to touch a flag that was at their height (a dream come true for Sarah). We ate snow-flavored snow cones (meaning no flavor, just ice). We got very hot and tired. On a different day we went to a playground that has a splash park, so there are different things that spray and shoot water in different ways. The girls loved it.

More and more of Sarah’s word cards have three words. 

I made new math cards recently that have equations written out in dots on one side and numerals on the other. Sarah prefers to look at the numerals and say each part of the equation herself. I now only have one math pack and it has three equation cards. Each night I retire the oldest card and add a new card.

Yesterday we had a pipe leak in our basement. The best part of this whole situation is that we discovered it in the morning (instead of 12 hours later) and that it wasn’t too huge of a problem to turn off the water to the whole house for a few hours and that Carl was able to fix the problem. And I don’t think anything important got damaged. 

I made lasagne with rice noodles and homemade cashew-cheese. It is so delicious I can hardly believe it. If I didn’t know it wasn’t cow-milk cheese I wouldn’t guess it.

Love to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment