Sunday, December 22, 2019

December 22

Amy was much better from her cough by the time her school’s winter concert came around on Wednesday night. Carl and I also had tickets to see Straight No Chaser so we had a double header of an evening. Our sitter A. came to Amy’s concert to be ready to take the girls home afterward while Carl and I went downtown. Usually the only way to have Sarah sit quietly for these concerts is to let her have her iPod. A. has some magic powers and sat and talked with Sarah while they watched the concert!

Sarah lost a tooth at school and it was truly lost. Amy suggested that Sarah could write a letter to the tooth fairy, as Amy had done in the past. Amy wrote the letter with blanks for Sarah to complete with the general tooth location and her name. This was apparently sufficient for the tooth fairy!

Sc bequeathed her red and white striped pajamas to Sarah. They are big on Sarah, but that has never stopped Sarah before! Amazingly, they are the same brand as the striped shirt and hat that I got for Sarah recently. This is great because then I can wash one shirt at a time without protest. 

I finished teaching my last evening course. I will occasionally teach an evening class but not an 18 week course. I loved my students, but it was hard for me to get home at 11pm and wake up at 5:30am the next day. I will now only teach a morning course, in addition to my Alexander teaching that gets sprinkled around at varying days and times. I have been feeling very grateful for having jobs that I love, wonderful students and clients, and that part of my job involves receiving massages from my students!

I hope you all had snuggly solstices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment