Sunday, September 8, 2019

September 8

Sarah’s teacher told me that Sarah enjoyed reading a story she wrote to her Resource Room class. The story was two sentences about camping. Sarah also continued with her mornings going well in terms of getting ready for school. 

Amy loves her walk/run to school and dismisses me ever earlier in our walk. 

Sarah has started hugging me more and making “mmm” noises with it. She gives multiple hugs at a time with an mmm each time. I think she began by copying my, “mmmm, I love you” that I say sometimes when I hug her. 

Thanks (!!!!!!!) to Grandma and Grandpa and  some of our sitters taking care of everything at home, Carl and I are in Italy at the moment. We enjoyed a couple of days in Bologna, eating the most delicious food. We attended a wedding on a hillside, with a beautiful view and amazing food and fun dancing. Now we are heading to Florence for a couple of days. 

Bologna has porticos lining many of their sidewalks. All cities should do this. It is amazing and beautiful. They keep you cool and shaded or warm and dry depending on the weather. 

We have seen Europe’s oldest university, and Mozart’s written entrance exam to the music school from when he was 14. 

Bologna used to have hundreds of tall towers. Now there are only a few. We climbed one of them. I am scared of heights and don’t like feeling trapped so this was a feat of courage. The stairs were steep and narrow and everyone goes all the way up and then can turn to go down. It wasn’t as scary as I thought it would be, in part because of the metal caging at the top so I couldn’t have my usual fears that I might suddenly fling myself into the air. 

I wore comfortable shoes for the wedding. I can’t remember the last time I attended a fancy event and didn’t have my feet happy to come out of my shoes at the end. But I was truly comfortable all night!!!! This points out how ridiculous women’s shoes often are, even when I think I have heels that are comfortable for heels. This time I wore flats that had enough toe room!! 

Gelato. The most amazingly delicious. The best I’ve ever had. Mmmmm. I love you. 

I wish for you love and mmm, amazing food, and comfy shoes. And courage to climb whatever towers you wish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment