Sunday, July 15, 2018

July 15

I don’t think I really have much for this week except the humbling awareness that I’m not very good at being relaxed if the girls are helping in the kitchen. I’m also in awe of how Carl can be ungrumpy with whining kids or problems to be solved. This is how he is in general but also after a full day of work. Or after a full day of being with the girls after I was gone all day teaching. I can have a ton of time away from the girls and then still be grumpy on a moment’s notice. 

Sometimes I think a part of my grumpiness with Sarah is because I so completely believe she can do better. I know she can learn to wait more easily and whine less. 

As I write, I marvel at Carl patiently letting the girls help him make waffles. I’m hesitant to see the mess but I’m impressed with Carl’s calmness even when averting small almost-disasters. He’s teaching them things. I think it is clear who should teach the girls to cook and it’s not me!

I wish you all the support of someone who is better than you in the struggly spots. It’s the best, even if humbling. (I also know that sometimes it goes the other way and that some things come more easily for me. Carl and I are a good team.)

No comments:

Post a Comment