Sunday, June 17, 2018

June 17

You may notice that I am going barefoot lately. That is because Sarah keeps knocking my socks off! She just seems to have a bit more fullness and clarity to her communication and a wider range of creativity. 

When Carl was getting the girls ready for bed recently:
Amy: Sarah, are you going to wear pajamas?
Sarah: yes! I am going to wear pajamas! Do you want to be twins?
(They proceeded to wear matching pajamas and socks. What amazed us was Sarah’s initiation of dressing as twins.)

Sarah had extra time with Sc this week and sitter A, both of whom bring gorgeous creativity to their play. Some SR time with Sc led to the creation of a menu on the SR room white board. When I did SR time later that day, Sarah would take my order and then say “coming right up!” She then scampered off to the bathroom or her room and returned a minute later with my pretend food in her hand. She also got food for various book characters. The hungry caterpillar got a green leaf, the Pigeon got a hot dog, the Duckling got a cookie, and Xander the panda got bamboo. When our time was up she asked to continue! That hasn’t happened in forever. The thing is, I was barely participating. I kept accidentally dozing. Then she would deliver my food and give me a kiss and tickles to wake me up. This is the first new game that has happened, at least during my time, in many months. I think it originated during her time with Sc. and just continued with me. 

Sarah had another session with Sc and suggested that the marbles at the end of the marble run were students in a school. They had the three schools of Amy, Sarah, and Sc represented. Sarah donned her non-prescription reading glasses to read out loud to her marble students. 

Saturday morning the girls sang a duet of a song they learned from piano lessons called “Little Lost Kitty.” Sarah sang it clearly all the way through the first time, in sync with Amy. She lost some clarity in her excitement/shyness the second time  because she was being recorded, but she still stuck with the song all the way through and gave a huge smile at the end. It was so super cute with both girls standing next to each other in matching shirts and pajama bottoms. I kept thinking about how far Sarah has come from from her stilted singing a few years ago to her mostly clear singing of today. Amazing. Seriously amazing. Both girls were beautiful, adorable, and ever so earnest.

I love how Amy rejoices in Sarah’s improving abilities. After her Anat Baniel session, Sarah told her practitioner to have a good summer. Amy probably saw my astonished look of delight that I directed to the practitioner. As we left, Amy said, “that was so great how Sarah said that!”

To celebrate Father’s Day weekend we decided to stay in a local hotel last night. I was taking a class in the afternoon so I joined Carl and the girls for dinner, after they had already enjoyed watching tv and playing in the pool. Dinner was lovely. The weather was perfect, we were outside so Sarah could watch traffic, there was a fence separating the seating from the rest of the sidewalk so I could be relaxed about Sarah being up and about, and there was a girl next to our table who loved art and cats so she and Amy had a small play date while waiting for the food. It was just a small slice of perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment