Monday, May 15, 2017

May 15

This week contained moments where Sarah responded to my "goodnight, I love you" with "I love you mom" and at another time she thanked me for something! Small miracles all the time!

Amy had her school spring concert and the concert itself was adorable and wonderful. Getting out of the house was a bit fraught because Amy, who dresses in finery for so many occasions from playgrounds to dinner, decided to wear shorts and a t shirt instead of the dress she had picked especially for the concert. Then she asked if Sarah wanted to wear shorts. I didn't want Sarah to change clothes. I made Amy change to a dress. She picked her Cinderella dress instead of the one purchased for the concert! She said she wished there was another concert in June so she could wear the new fancy dress. Then Sarah started saying she wanted to take a nap. Argh! There was yelling involved but we made it to where we needed to be. Leaving the concert was also challenging. 

I was away for the weekend visiting one of my dear friends with whom I have been friend since I was 4 and she was 5. It was lovely to see her and enjoy hikes in the beauty of Montana. I am also eager to be back home with my girls and Carl. 

Sonia took the girls to their swim lesson on Friday,and Sarah stood on the bottom of the pool instead of staying on the steps! Yay!!

Carl took the girls on a weekend adventure to a hotel with a pool. Unfortunately when they arrived someone had vomited in the pool so it was temporarily closed for cleaning. The girls were very upset. Eventually they were able to get in the water so all was not lost. 

Carl also introduced the girls to ice cream cookie sandwiches (I found some that are Sarah-friendly). When he first told Amy what the treat was she didn't believe such a creation existed.   Then, as Carl said, her world got that much better. 

I recently read an article about how other languages have words for all sorts of specific emotional experiences that English doesn't name. I want a word for when you love someone so much you feel like you want to eat them. I hope you know what I mean. Not that I really want to eat the girls, but my heart just can't contain the love I feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment