Saturday, April 1, 2017

April 1

Last Sunday I told Sarah she had show and tell with the letter V and I asked her if she wanted to take something with velcro or a toy vegetable or a foam letter V. She replied, “a vehicle.” I was humbled in the best way! I love it when I am caught at underestimating her.

Later that day, Amy came to my desk to get a pencil. I pointed out that she had 100 in her drawer and that I only had one. She said, “I only need one.” I love it!

Sarah did a Facetime call with Mom-mom. It was the longest call they have ever had. Mom-Mom did lots of joining about sad faces in response to Sarah pretending to eat her pretend food. Before the phone call Sarah and I had been singing a song and so I asked a few times if Sarah would sing a song to Mom-Mom. She kept saying no and giggling. Mom-mom would pretend to be sad. Then after many minutes and rounds of this, there was a pause and Sarah started singing! This was such a good reminder of Son-Rise and why joining is important. It is the way in. It is the way to connect. Sarah’s verbal isms are so connected with delighted eye contact that sometimes I have to remind myself that she is still isming. 

Sarah’s hearing seems to be back to normal!! 

Thanks to Grandma providing childcare, Carl and I had a mini-vacation Wednesday night through Thursday evening when I went to work. It was a belated birthday celebration for me and it was wonderful. It was surprisingly rejuvenating just to be away together for a day. Sometimes we don’t have or make much time to talk. It was lovely to have so much time to talk about anything and everything and nothing. We also brought our nerd books to read! I love that we both love our work so much that we wanted to bring rather academic books for our fun time. 

Lots of love to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment