Saturday, August 25, 2012

August 25

This week we got 26 hrs, 20 min.

We have fantastic news to share....Carl's sister Sonia will be moving to Pittsburgh in October to help us for the year!!!!!!!!!!!! Hallelujah!! She is fantastic in the playroom and with both girls out of the playroom and with helping our life run more smoothly in general.

Highlights from this week include Sarah attending to my explaining and showing her how to play a small version of a memory game with the matching squares. This only really works when she is eating but she is very attentive during that time. I set up a small game and then I take all the turns. The last time we did this I encouraged her to participate and she did turn over a couple of squares. She is quite the captive audience when she is eating and so we are able to get her to attend to longer explanations of games or longer books. Normally she doesn't really let me read Harold and the Purple Crayon, but she does if she is eating.

N. returned from vacation and was wearing a shirt with a picture of Heinz field that included the Heinz sign, but no other reference to ketchup. Apparently Sarah pointed to it and said "ketchup." Go little Pittsburgh Sarah!

Today when Carl took the girls out for fries at a nearby restaurant that has a large (42") tv, Sarah evidently said "watch football on small tv." I guess she is used to our big projector screen!

During one of my SR playtimes I was lying down and she very clearly said "sit on mom" and proceeded to repeat that several times as she climbed onto me.

When she is talking about animals or sometimes people, Sarah goes through some of her favorite jokes, such as "wad cat" (ride cat), "push cat," "eat cat."

In Amy news, Amy has learned to keep her mouth closed for a kiss and it is perhaps the cutest thing ever as she leans in saying "mmmmm" and then blinks up at me while her lips are pressed against mine. Then if I ask for a hug the soundtrack changes to "aaaahh." If she wants to sing then she says "ooooh." That is also how she refers to shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment